Mr. Stern heads PACHECO COTOâ€™S Transportation Law Division, including Maritime and Aviation Law, with expertise in Bills of Lading, Collisions and Property Damages, Cargo Claims, Vessel Charters, Maritime Liens and Maritime Insurance. He is also a member of the Corporate Law and Real Estate Divisions, counseling multinational clients on real estate development and condominium structuring. Prior to joining Pacheco Coto, Mr. Stern worked at Chaffe McCall in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he focused his practice on maritime law, aviation accident law and international corporate transactions.
- Tulane University, School of Law (Master of Laws in Admiralty, 1995)
- Universidad de Costa Rica. Licentiate in Law (JD equivalent) with honors, 1994.
- “Ship Arrest Procedure Costa Rica”, Shiparrested 11th Annual Members Meeting, Hamburg, June 2014
- “Costa Rican Civil Aviation Law”, IBA, Aviation Law Committee Newsletter, volume 16, No. 1, May 2014
- “El Contrato de Leasing Internacional de Equipo y su Incorporación en el Sistema Jurídico Costarricense, (Cross Border Equipment Lease Opening and its application on the Costa Rican Juridical System). Thesis for the Attorney at Law degree with highest honors, Summa Cum Laude, 1993.
© Pacheco Coto, 2018