Simon leads the firm's competition law practice. He has extensive experience advising on competition law compliance, merger control, competition investigations and litigation.
Simon regularly works with businesses to develop and implement effective compliance training programmes for their staff. He also advises on the competition law considerations arising from clients' day-to-day commercial arrangements.
Simon represents clients in investigations before the Competition and Markets Authority and the European Commission. He has also advised in relation to cases before the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the General Court of the European Union in Luxembourg, as well as on competition investigations in a number of other jurisdictions, in Europe and elsewhere.
Examples of Simon's experience include:
- advising Micronclean Limited, a main party in the CMA's infringement investigation into cleanroom laundries;
- acting for a party in the CMA's infringement investigation into the use of most-favoured-nations clauses by a price comparison website;
- advising in relation to the CMA's market study into funeral care;
- advising Ageas Insurance in the CMA's market investigation into private motor insurance;
- advising Fenland Laundries in the CMA's merger control investigation of its proposed acquisition of Fishers Cleanroom;
- acting for Skoosh International in support of Skyscanner's successful appeal before the CAT against the CMA's settlement decision in the hotel bookings case;
- acting for Thorntons plc in the EU Merger Regulation clearance of its acquisition by Ferrero;
- advising numerous businesses on competition compliance, including providing face-to-face training and working with clients to develop competition e-learning.
Simon joined Shoosmiths from Hogan Lovells at the beginning of 2012. He previously spent four years working in Brussels. Simon is recognised in the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories.
Competition compliance | EU and competition law
© Shoosmiths LLP, 2016