Jeff Eden draws on his diverse civil litigation background to help clients resolve disputes, whether by means of negotiated agreements or contested hearings.
Jeff is the chair of the firm’s Business and Product Litigation Practice Group and has taken over 90 jury trials to verdict in the state and federal courts of Oregon and Washington, and has handled hundreds of contested arbitration hearings. Using his extensive courtroom experience, he guides his clients through the most efficient paths to resolution, whether through early case evaluation, or by obtaining a contested verdict when necessary.
Jeff represents manufacturing and distribution clients in the drug and medical device industry, as well as the construction and consumer equipment fields. In this space, he has served as both local and national coordinating counsel. Jeff also assists healthcare professionals such as pharmacists, doctors and nurses when they have disagreements with their licensing bodies.Testimonial
"We choose Schwabe to serve our legal needs primarily because of Jeff Eden, who's an exceptional attorney and advisor. He is trustworthy, more than competent, and incredibly creative. We wouldn't go anywhere else for litigation or IP support. Plus, he's a genuinely nice person that is fun to work with."
-American Medical Concepts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science degree (1982)
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (1985)
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Product Liability
- Product Liability
- Represented multinational technology company in litigation with the state of Oregon over the development of software to facilitate online enrollment in health insurance exchange.
- Defended a major transportation company in the trial of a personal injury case in which the plaintiff’s lowest pretrial demand was $10 million. The jury awarded only $7,857 in total damages.
- Successfully defended and settled catastrophic injury cases for heavy equipment manufacturers and retailers, saving costs of defense and protecting against potentially large verdicts.
- Provided risk management advice for efficient discovery coordination.
- Represented numerous orthopedic implant manufacturers in collaborative defense to product liability litigation.
- Successfully defended a leading Western retailer in product liability cases involving nutritional supplements and consumer goods litigation, and succeeded in persuading the manufacturer to resolve cases.
- Defended numerous manufacturing clients in consumer goods product liability cases.
- Represented manufacturers and retailers of both guns and ammunition in product defect claims.
- Successfully defended a major retailer in an MDL consumer products liability case.
- Litigation and regulatory defense of pharmaceutical retailer and pharmacists.
- Product Recall: A Quick Guide for Manufacturers
- Contract Alert: Are Your Limitation of Liability Clauses Enforceable in Oregon?
- Three Ways the Pandemic is Impacting Litigation Costs
- Oregon Supreme Court Refuses to Enforce Ski Resort's Anticipatory Release
- Dealing with the CPSC Boomerang: Managing Mandatory CPSC Disclosures
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.