Ian is a corporate associate in the firm’s oil and gas practice group.
He regularly advises clients on a broad range of energy transactions, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, exploration and development agreements, joint operating agreements, oilfield service contracts, and a variety of other commercial agreements. Ian has extensive experience representing exploration and production companies operating in major conventional and unconventional onshore basins, as well as offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. He also has extensive experience conducting land title due diligence and preparing title curative instruments.
Ian also has significant experience representing companies in connection with business entity formation, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. His practice also includes providing transactional support associated with out-of-court and bankruptcy court financial restructurings.
- In re EdgeMarc Energy Holdings, LLC, et al., oil & gas and transactional counsel for prepetition bank agent, DIP lender and purchaser of gas producing properties in the Marcellus shale formation.
- Representation of Sabine Oil & Gas Holdings, Inc. in the $610 million sale of Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation and certain subsidiaries to Osaka Gas USA Corporation.
- Represented a public company in its acquisition of an independent offshore exploration and production company for $1.2 billion.
- Represented a group of industry professionals in the formation and qualification of a new entity and its subsequent acquisition of a major oil company’s Gulf of Mexico shallow water assets.
- Represented a private company in its acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Gulf of Mexico for $170 million.
- Represented a private exploration and production company in the sale of its onshore subsidiary for $73 million.
- Represented a public company in the sale and leaseback of an offshore oil and gas gathering system and shore base facility.
- Represented a public company in its acquisition of onshore processing facilities from a major oil company.
- Represented a private company in the negotiation of a development program involving numerous deepwater lease blocks in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented a private company in the sale of an oil and gas subsidiary for $66.5 million.
- Represented a private company in the acquisition of oil and gas assets located across the Gulf Coast and in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented a private company in negotiations to participate in a drilling program across multiple onshore Texas basins.
BA, The University of Texas at Austin, 2008