- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogU.S. Blames Russia for Cyber Attacks on Energy InfrastructurePosted on March 16, 2018 by Hunton & Williams LLPOn March 15, 2018, the Trump Administration took the unprecedented step of publicly blaming the Russian government for carrying out cyber attacks on American energy infrastructure.… Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogA new milestone for cannabis investing in the U.S.?Posted on March 14, 2018 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: Biologics BlogUSPTO Adopts Amgen v. Sanofi, Excises “Newly Characterized Antigen” Test from its Written Description Guidance for Antibody ClaimsPosted on March 13, 2018 by Last month, the USPTO issued a memorandum to its patent examining corps clarifying its guidance concerning the written description requirement for claims drawn to antibodies. In the memorandum, the USPTO adopts the Federal Circuit’s recent decision Amgen v. Sanofi, 872 F.3d 1367 (Fed. Cir. 2017). The Federal Circuit recently denied Amgen’s petition for rehearing and [...]
- Blog: HB BrieflyNinth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action SettlementsPosted on March 6, 2018 by Candice ShihIn Brown v. Cinemark USA, Inc., 876 F.3d 1199 (9th Cir. 2017), the Ninth Circuit considered an issue of first impression: whether it had jurisdiction to consider an appeal of an order denying class certification where the individual plaintiffs seeking to represent the class settled their individual claims. In Brown, Plaintiffs Silken Brown and Mario … Continue reading Ninth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action Settlements → The post Ninth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action Settlements appeared first on Hanson Bridg...
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportCharleston: Hi Tech/Lowcountry Capitol – 2018Posted on March 5, 2018 by MMMTechLawForecasting Charleston Area Technology Growth By Larkin Ellzey Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP Charleston is fast becoming a leading hub of technology companies and such growth is attracting investors throughout the country. The best is yet to come — below are five key factors making the Lowcountry a hotbed of opportunity for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, […]
- Blog: Labor & Employment Law BlogSilence Just Became More Expensive: Trump Tax Reform Requires Employers to Choose Between Tax Deduction and Confidentiality of #MeToo SettlementsPosted on February 9, 2018 by Elisa J. LintemuthMuch of the media’s coverage of the recent tax reform has focused on the benefits to corporate America. However, one provision of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 that has received little coverage is perceived to address concerns raised in the #MeToo movement regarding confidential settlements of sexual harassment claims. Specifically, the Act added a new section to the Internal Revenue Code, which prohibits deductions for amounts paid to settle sexual harassment and sexual abuse claims when the settlement is subject to a nondisclosure agreement. In effect, the Act requires an employer...