- Blog: Waller Law BlogRegulatory Approval and Broadening the Investor Base can Save ICOs: JOBS Act Crypto Offerings (JCOs)Posted on January 19, 2018 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogBelgium Adopts Law Reforming the Belgian Privacy CommissionPosted on January 18, 2018 by Hunton & Williams LLPOn January 10, 2018, the Law of 3 December 2017 creating the Data Protection Authority was published in the Belgian Official Gazette. It replaces the Belgian Privacy Commission with the Belgian Data Protection Authority, since the current Belgian Privacy Commission has limited prosecutorial powers and no direct sanctioning powers.… Continue Reading
- Blog: Labor & Employment Law BlogEmployers Face Risks Despite State Sexual Harassment Allegations in the Post-Weinstein Era, Placing Higher Emphasis on Internal InvestigationsPosted on January 16, 2018 by Noah S. HurwitzThe 24-hour news cycle has been dominated by coverage of sexual harassment allegations against celebrities, politicians and corporate executives in the wake of the salacious accusations levied against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. Employers across the country can be certain their employees are glued to real-time news feeds and evaluating their own previous experiences in and around the workplace with an entirely new perspective. A new bright light is shining on the issue of workplace harassment and society finds itself in the midst of a social movement aimed to encourage individuals t...
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportMMM Associate Austin Mills shares what to expect from Blockchain in 2018Posted on January 8, 2018 by AdminMMM Associate Austin Mills shares what to expect from Blockchain in 2018 including: – Enterprise Applications – Regulatory Clarity – Scaling To read the full article, please click here.
- Blog: Biologics BlogFDA Approves the First Gene Therapy to Treat an Inherited DiseasePosted on January 3, 2018 by On December 19, 2017, FDA approved the gene therapy Luxturna (voretigene neparvovec-rzyl), developed by Spark Therapeutics, to treat children and adults with biallelic RPE65 mutation-associated retinal dystrophy, an inherited disease of the eye. Luxturna is the United States’ first approved gene therapy for treatment of an inherited disease, and its approval comes ahead of the [...]
- Blog: Real Estate Advisor Law BlogA Plea And/Or Request: Stop Using And/OrPosted on November 17, 2017 by Alexander S. ConnUniversity of Cincinnati Law Professor Sean Mangan does not hate many things, but ‘and/or’ has to be first on the list – along with whomever might be playing his Irish that weekend. I had the pleasure of taking multiple drafting classes with him several years ago, but I honestly never quite understood the depth of… Continue Reading