- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogUnsecured PHI Leads to OCR Settlement with Closed BusinessPosted on February 16, 2018 by Hunton & Williams LLPOn February 13, 2018, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights announced that it had entered into a resolution agreement with the receiver appointed to liquidate the assets of Filefax, Inc. in order to settle potential violations of HIPAA. … Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogBetween a rock and a hard place: medical device stakeholders disappointed by cancelled CMS rulemakingPosted on February 14, 2018 by Denise D. Burke
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 50 – Questis with Steve WilbournePosted on February 12, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Steve Wilbourne from Questis, a comprehensive financial wellness technology platform that allows financial institutions to offer their customers and their employees a configurable financial wellness program at scale. Questis is headquartered in Charelston, SC.
- Blog: HB BrieflyMeet-and-Confer Rules Expand to Motions to Strike and for Judgment on the PleadingsPosted on February 9, 2018 by Candice ShihTwo years ago, a new rule was put into place requiring any party planning to demur to a pleading to meet and confer with the party that filed the pleading. (Code Civ. Proc. Section 430.41.) Hopefully, you have received some practice at this because now it is mandatory to meet and confer before moving to … Continue reading Meet-and-Confer Rules Expand to Motions to Strike and for Judgment on the Pleadings →
- Blog: Biologics BlogU.S., European Biosimilar Approval Activity in 2017Posted on February 6, 2018 by 2017 was a record-setting year for biosimilar approvals in the U.S. and Europe. In the U.S., five complex antibody products were approved, two of which are in new therapeutic areas for U.S. biosimilars. In Europe, 16 biosimilars were approved. The number of approved biosimilars in Europe has doubled in the past two years. These approvals [...]
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportFasten Your Seatbelts: Are You Ready for Another Eventful Year?Posted on January 16, 2018 by Elizabeth A. Khalil2018 has a tough act to follow, after a 2017 full of momentous developments—starting with a new Administration and wrapping up with a showdown over the right to serve as Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) (a fight that continues as of this writing, as discussed below). But 2018 is unlikely to...Continue Reading…