|Address:||Witan Gate House|
500-600 Witan Gate West
Milton Keynes MK9 1SH
|Phone:||44 (0)1908 48 8455|
|Fax:||+44 (0)3700 86 8301|
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Thu. 16:40|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Sebastian advises on the full range of commercial arrangements, covering every aspect of clients' purchasing, production, marketing, selling, infrastructure, outsourcing, technology and e-commerce requirements. He has particular experience of tailoring support for in-house legal teams, working closely with them. He has worked on secondment with clients, including time at a major retail bank.
He has particular legal specialism in IT outsourcing, software licensing and development, IT systems acquisition, facilities management, electronic trading and other IT related matters; and he is identified as a leader in the field of Information Technology by Chambers and Partners.
His focus is on helping clients meet their commercial objectives by using his legal knowledge and expertise and acting as part of the client team.
Sebastian’s experience includes advising:
- the leading supplier to the health sector of safety related software on its licencing and distributorship arrangements worldwide.
- retailers on online sales, distance selling and other e-commerce issues
- a Police Force on its procurement of a new ERP system
- universities on research and teaching collaborations, and on a range of other arrangements for making use of university know-how and IP
- a leading residential mortgage providers on mortgage sales and procurement of a new IT system
- a US credit card company and personal finance lender on its operations in the UK
- credit card issuers on affinity arrangements, merchant acquiring and card schemes
- a top 4 UK housebuilder on the contracts to set up an arrangement to assist first time buyers obtain mortgage finance
- the UK’s leading travel company on a range of outsourcings and business critical contracts.
- the world’s leading car hire company on its UK rental and fleet management arrangements
Sebastian qualified as a solicitor in 1986. He joined Cameron McKenna in the City of London, advising on complex corporate, commercial and financial transactions. He spent two years working in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, living in Cairo and Warsaw, advising blue chip multinationals on all aspects of their commercial activity in those developing markets. He joined Shoosmiths in 1999.
Areas of Practice
Geography - University College London