|Address:||Witan Gate House|
500-600 Witan Gate West
Milton Keynes MK9 1SH
|Phone:||44 (0)118 965 8819|
|Fax:||+03700 86 8301|
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Fri. 08:21|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Emma heads up the Corporate group in the Thames Valley office of Shoosmiths. Emma specialises in corporate finance, with particular emphasis on private equity, M&A, management buy outs/ins, corporate reconstructions and public company compliance and fund raisings.
Emma acts for both private and public companies on all aspects of fund raising, whether through debt, equity or via the capital markets.
Emma’s experience includes:
- Acting for August Equity in various healthcare transactions including the acquisition of Lifeways, Enara and Active Assistance and on the establishment of their buy and build platforms.
- Acting for numerous management teams on private equity backed MBO / MBI transactions including the MBO of Krispy Kreme (UK) Limited (backed by Alcuin Capital) and the secondary buy out of the Davis Group (backed by Electra Partners).
- Acting for various AIM-listed corporates such as Game Group Plc and KBC Advanced Technologies Plc on all aspects of regulatory compliance associated with their listing and on fund raising.
- Acting for KBC Advanced Technologies Plc on its acquisition of Infochem Computer Services Limited.
- Acting for a niche tech sector client on its sale to the US giant IBM.
- Acting for Magenta Partners LLP on their investment in Jo Jo Maman Bebe, the specialist multi-channel baby, nursery and maternity retailer.
- Acting for August Equity on its investment in Funeral Services Partners.
- Acting on the Management Buy Out of Automated Systems Group backed by Matrix Private Equity.
- Acting on the vendors on the sale of LM Group to Experian.
- Acting for Lloyds Development Capital on its £80m secondary buy out of Leasedrive Velo and on its acquisitions of Bighand and Speed Check.
Emma joined Shoosmiths in 2002, having been previously with a large regional firm. Prior to qualification, she ran her own business in the leisure sector for 6 years and therefore brings considerable practical commercial experience to her role.
Emma is a director of the TV and Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership and chairs the 'Access to Finance' Forum, working with representatives of Government, BIS, banks, Angel networks and other VCT/EIS investment funds to facilitate an SME's access to finance.
Emma is 'recommended' in both Legal 500 and Chambers and won 'Lawyer of the Year' in the Thames Valley and Solent Deal awards 2012.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions