|Address:||Witan Gate House|
500-600 Witan Gate West
Milton Keynes MK9 1SH
|Phone:||+44 (0)118 965 8819|
|Fax:||+44 (0)3700 86 8301|
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Sun. 11:39|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Emma heads up the corporate group in the Thames Valley office of Shoosmiths. Emma specialises in corporate finance, with particular emphasis on private equity, M&A, management buy outs/ins, corporate reconstructions and fund raisings.
Emma acts for both private and public companies on all aspects of fund raising, whether through debt, equity or via the capital markets.
Emma's experience includes:
- acting for August Equity on various investments, including the acquisition of Lifeways, Enara, Aspirations Care, Funeral Services Partners and Active Assistance and on the establishment of each of their respective buy and build platforms;
- acting on Business Growth Fund (BGF) deals, including BGF's investments into Primrose, Cennox and Magma Global (acting for the company) and Bullitt Group (acting for BGF);
- acting for Lloyds Development Capital on its £80m secondary buy out of Leasedrive Velo and on its acquisitions of Bighand and Speed Check;
- acting for numerous management teams on private equity backed MBO / MBI transactions including the MBO of Krispy Kreme (UK) Limited (backed by Alcuin Capital), the secondary buy out of the Davis Group (backed by Electra Partners) and the MBO of Automated Systems Group (backed by Matrix Private Equity);
- acting for corporate clients as they acquire assets, including acting for KBC Advanced Technologies Plc on its acquisition of Infochem Computer Services Limited, acting for Calor Gas on its acquisitions of retail sites and acting for Ingeus UK Limited on its acquisition of Zodiac Training Limited;
- acting on various 'trade sales', including acting for a niche tech sector client on its sale to the US giant IBM and acting on the vendors on the sale of LM Group to Experian;
- acting for the selling shareholders of Enara on its sale to MITIE for £111m;
- acting for Magenta Partners LLP on their investment in Jo Jo Maman Bebe, the specialist multi-channel baby, nursery and maternity retailer and iPrism Underwriting Agency Limited.
Emma joined Shoosmiths in 2002, having been previously with a large regional firm. Prior to qualification, she ran her own business in the leisure sector for 6 years and therefore brings considerable practical commercial experience to her role.
Emma is a director of the TV and Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership and chairs the 'Access to Finance' Forum, working with representatives of Government, BIS, banks, Angel networks and other VCT/EIS investment funds to facilitate an SME's access to finance.
Emma is 'recommended' in both Legal 500 and Chambers and won 'Lawyer of the Year' in the Thames Valley and Solent Deal awards 2012 and 2013.
In 2014 Emma was listed in The Lawyer as a Hot 100 Lawyer. Published annually, the Hot 100 recognises individuals who have contributed significantly to the legal world and enhanced the reputations of the law firms for which they work.
Areas of Practice