Michael L. LeePartner
|Firm:|| ||Lawson Lundell LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1600 Cathedral Place|
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L2
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Sat. 15:59|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Michael advises public and private companies regarding mergers and acquisitions, financings, restructurings and general corporate law matters. He has represented and worked with clients in a broad range of transactions, including public and private financings of equity and debt, acquisitions and divestitures, arrangements, takeover bids and corporate reorganizations.
Michael also advises public company clients and their boards of directors on corporate governance, directors' duties and responsibilities and securities regulatory compliance. In addition, he acts as counsel to special committees of boards of directors in related party transactions and other corporate transactions. Michael was previously the head of the Business Services Group at Lawson Lundell.
Prior to obtaining his law degree, Michael worked as a special assistant to a federal cabinet minister in Vancouver and Ottawa from 1990 to 1993.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Representative transactions include:
- The acquisition by a Canadian coal mining company of a mining company listed on AIM with operations located in the U.S., Australia and the U.K.
- The recapitalization of a Canadian forest products company by plan of arrangement
- Public offerings and private placements of $275 million of equity and convertible debt by a Canadian coal mining company
- A $100 million initial public offering by a mining exploration company on the TSX Venture Exchange
- The sale by a fuel cell company of its automotive fuel cell research and development assets to two strategic partners based in Germany and the U.S.
- The cross-border acquisition of a U.S. mining exploration company listed on the NYSE Amex by a Canadian mining exploration company
- The acquisition of port terminal facilities by an infrastructure fund of a global financial institution
- The sale of a Canadian company operating hearing aid clinics in B.C., Alberta, Ontario and Nova Scotia to a company based in Switzerland
- A $182 million cross-border equity offering by a silver mining company
- The reorganization of an income fund to establish a limited partnership to operate a coal storage and loading facility business
- The reverse takeover of a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange by an Australian gold mining company
- The management buyout of a B.C.-based entertainment company by plan of arrangement
- The establishment of management and operational arrangements between two B.C. Crown Corporations relating to electrical power transmission
- The acquisition by a private equity firm of a specialty metals distribution and processing business with operations in Western Canada and the U.S.
- The formation and initial public offering of an income fund in the steel wire and fabricated wire products manufacturing sector
- The merger of two B.C.-based mining companies with operations located in Australia, Peru, Alaska, Ontario and British Columbia
* Arts Umbrella, Board Member
* Science World British Columbia, Board of Governors, Past Vice-Chair and Member
* S.U.C.C.E.S.S. (a community and social service organization) Past Vice-Chair, Programs and Board Member
* Leadership Vancouver (a community leadership development program), Past Vice-Chair and Board Member
British Columbia (1997)
University of British Columbia (B.Sc. in Biology, 1986)
University of British Columbia (B.A. (Hons.) in Political Science, 1989)
University of British Columbia (M.A. in Political Science, 1992)
University of Victoria (LL.B., 1996)
Institute of Corporate Directors (Institute-certified Director, ICD.D., 2009)