Maxwell P. CarrollAssociate
|Firm:|| ||Lawson Lundell LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1600 Cathedral Place|
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L2
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Thu. 22:31|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Maxwell assists clients with general corporate commercial matters and all aspects of real estate development, commercial leasing and municipal planning. Before turning to the law, he studied engineering and obtained his electrical engineering degree from the University of Alberta.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate and Development
- Real Estate
Maxwell has experience:
* Assisting clients with residential, retail and mixed-use projects, including due diligence, site acquisition, financing, preparation of Real Estate Development Marketing Act ("REDMA") disclosure statements, presale purchase agreements and related documentation.
* Preparing and negotiating income generating license agreements to permit the installation of national telecommunication providers’ rooftop antenna arrays on our client’s property.
* Assisting developers with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial properties.
* Representing tenants and landlords in retail, industrial and office leasing transactions including premises due diligence and drafting and negotiating lease agreements.
* Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation of shareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
* Review of REDMA pre-sale documentation on behalf of construction lenders to ensure compliance with requirements set out by the Superintendent of Real Estate of British Columbia
Law Society of British Columbia, Member
Canada Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Treasurer)
Urban Development Institute, Member
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook, Contributing Author
British Columbia (2010)
University of Alberta (B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), 2005)
University of Alberta (LL.B., 2009)