Thursday, May 6, 2021
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
The Future will See You Now: Privacy and Compliance in an Evolving Healthcare Industry
Join us for a conversation about healthcare data privacy, telemedicine, and the role the FBI can play in responding to cybersecurity incidents.
Healthcare organizations are adapting both to changing privacy regulations and sudden growth in the use of remote modalities for providing care--particularly telehealth--as a result of the pandemic. What do broader information-sharing along the continuum of care and new sources of protected health information mean for healthcare delivery and responding to constantly evolving cybersecurity threats?
This virtual event will feature perspectives from outside privacy and healthcare counsel, in-house counsel, and law enforcement about emerging data privacy issues and challenges that the healthcare industry is facing, including:
- what's on the horizon for data privacy in the healthcare industry
- how organizations can take advantage of greater care coordination opportunities and patient access
- how to raise risk awareness and mitigate losses when an incident occurs
- Kiosha Ford, Sr. Corporate Counsel - Privacy Investigations, DaVita Kidney Care
- Special Agent Kevin Brennan, FBI Seattle Cyber Task Force
- Kelly Hagan, Healthcare Attorney & Partner, Schwabe
- Xavier Clark, Data Privacy Attorney, Schwabe
Discussion and Q&A will follow panelist presentations.