Mr. Degnan has considerable expertise in a variety of industries, including steel, heavy and lightweight manufacturing equipment, agriculture, specialized consumer products, and commodities.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Degnan was a program manager in the Import Administration Office at the U.S. Department of Commerce and oversaw the conduct of some of the largest anti-dumping duty investigations of the People's Republic of China, including the investigation of Oil Country Tubular Goods. He also oversaw the conduct of numerous other AD/CVD investigations, administrative reviews, sunset reviews, new shipper reviews, changed circumstance reviews, and court remands. Additionally, Mr. Degnan worked as a Senior International Trade Compliance Analyst at the U.S. Department of Commerce where he analyzed complex issues regarding foreign companies' compliance with U.S. international trade laws and regulations, lead on-site investigations of the factories and offices of foreign companies in the agricultural, chemical, industrial and manufacturing sectors to determine compliance with U.S. international trade laws, and analyzed the cost and sales accounting books and records of foreign and domestic companies to assure the accurate reporting of financial data in relation to U.S. international trade laws.
- Represents Hyundai Steel in the administrative review of the anti-dumping order on Hot-Rolled Steel from Korea.
- Represents Hyundai Steel in the administrative reviews of the countervailing duty orders on Cold-Rolled Steel, Hot-Rolled Steel, Cut-to-Length Plate, Corrosion Resistant Steel from Korea.
- Represents Husteel in administrative reviews of the anti-dumping order on Standard Pipe from Korea.
- Represents U.S. importers for scope issues related to the Forged Steel Fittings from China investigations at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Represented Prosperity Tieh in the anti-dumping investigation and the administrative review of Corrosion-Resistant Steel from Korea, as well as before the Court of International Trade.
- Represented the Government of New Brunswick in administrative reviews of the countervailing duty order on Supercalendered Paper from Canada.
District of Columbia, 2015
U.S. Court of International Trade
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2002
University of Maryland, B.A., 1997
Areas of Practice
- International Trade
- International Transactions
Won numerous awards for his work at the U.S. Department of Commerce, including the Bronze Medal Award and the Charles F. Meissner award.
- American Bar Association
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.