Clients with development projects, in both urban and rural settings, need to navigate complex land use issues and often turn to Ken Katzaroff for advice. He is known for his comprehensive approach in understanding projects from the ground up.
Whether working with big-box retailers, destination resorts, housing project developers, or other institutional-scale master plans, Ken understands each client’s unique challenges and builds his approach accordingly. His experience includes appellate proceedings, all levels of land use entitlement, state water rights, State Environmental Policy Act mitigation, and surface mining permitting. Ken also routinely collaborates on legislative amendments to facilitate the growing demand for mixed-use developments.
Ken brings a 360-degree perspective through his previous experience working as in-house General Counsel for a family of privately held development companies with projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. This direct industry involvement gives him an edge over other land use lawyers. He is experienced in managing complex real estate development projects with a multitude of legal and practical issues at play. His success comes from his care and personal attention to his clients.
- Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, Cornelius Honor Society (2014)
- University of Washington, Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration (2007)
Areas of Practice
- Land Use and Entitlement
- Real Estate
- Water Law
- Land use counsel for health care system in active expansion.
- Manage land use permitting for large-format retailers.
- Successfully represented a destination resort developer in numerous land-use appeals before the Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals, Oregon Court of Appeals, and Oregon Supreme Court.
- Represented private airstrip with entitlement and appeals for property in an exclusive farm use zone.
- Manage all aspects of the development, regulatory approval, and subsequent appellate proceedings for a 170+ acre luxury housing development in Bend, Oregon, including land use entitlement, state water rights, and surface mining permitting.
- Legal representation to real estate investors, including handling complex operating agreements, security agreements, and private placement memoranda.
- Kenneth Katzaroff |March 2021
- Kenneth Katzaroff |June 2020
- Kenneth Katzaroff |June 2020
- DLCD Adopts Climate-Friendly and Equitable Communities Rules
- The Lender’s Role in the PPP Loan Review Process
- What to Know About PPP Appeals and Next Steps (updated 02/24/2022)
- Asking for Forgiveness: Further Revised PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications and Guidance (Updated 08/12/2021)
- First Draw PPP Loans $2 Million and Up and the PPP Necessity Questionnaires
- First Draw Loans at or Over $2 million—SBA Discontinues Use of Necessity Questionnaires and What Is Next
- What to Know about the Paycheck Protection Program, Round Two – First Draw PPP Loans (Updated 5/5/2021)
- 10 Things to Know about Second Draw PPP Loans as Updated for the Economic Aid Act and the ARP Act (Updated 5/5/2021)
- PPP Ineligibility Update: Businesses Ineligible for First Draw and Second Draw PPP Loans (Updated 4/8/2021)
- Oregon Bill Proposes New Statewide Land Use Planning Goal for Climate Justice
- Why You May Want to Wait to File for PPP Loan Forgiveness and Other Tips (Updated 3/25/2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act: Changes to Paycheck Protection Program, Certain Tax and ERISA Provisions, and Other Small Business Relief
- Oregon Commercial Rent Relief Program
- PPP: Changes by the Biden-Harris Administration
- Updated Key Considerations for PPP Documentation under the Economic Aid Act
- Initial Takeaways and Agency Guidance for the Latest PPP Updates
- Grounds for SBA Review, the SBA Loan Review Process, and Borrower Items
- Highlights of PPP Loan Items in the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act and 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act (Updated 01/06/2021)
- Oregon Housing and Community Landlord Compensation Fund
- Ten Things to Know About the PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications (Updated 12/30/2020)
- Main Street Lending Program Overview for Nonprofits and For-Profit Businesses (updated 11/5/2020)
- Alert! Oregon Proposing New Beer and Wine Tax Increase
- Wildfire Resource Hub
- Tribal Entities and the Main Street Lending Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Portal
- CARES Act Questions for the Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail Industry
- CARES Act Questions for the Real Estate and Construction Industry
- CARES Act Questions for the Technology Industry
- SBA Issues Additional PPP Rules on Effect of State and Local COVID-19 Orders and Other Items on Loan Forgiveness
- What to Know for Businesses Completing the Revised PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications (Updated 6/25/2020)
- SBA Offers Further Guidance on PPP Loan Forgiveness
- Noteworthy Amendments to the PPPFA Interim Final Rules
- Businesses Ineligible for the Paycheck Protection Program
- COVID-19: Cities and States Move to Restrict Non-Residential Evictions
- CARES Act Resources
- State of Commercial Real Estate and Construction in the Pacific Northwest
- Agribusiness Management Seminar Series: Land Use
- Central Oregon Eminent Domain Webinar
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.