Alicia advises electric utilities and counsels clients in connection with regulatory proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and state regulatory agencies. Prior to joining the firm, Alicia served as in-house counsel for a large electric services company and as an analyst in the Office of Energy Market Regulation at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Counseled a Texas-based electric services company in connection with its trading activities and regulatory compliance matters in five FERC-jurisdictional markets.
- Advised a Texas-based electric services company concerning reactive power compensation and interconnection queue processes regarding uprates and renewable energy development project timelines.
- Assisted with representation of Texas’ largest transmission and distribution electric utility in connection with state and federal regulatory matters.
- Assisted with representation of Texas’ largest transmission and distribution electric utility in connection with interconnection matters.
- Assisted with representation of an intrastate natural gas pipeline in a cost of service-based rate proceeding before the Railroad Commission of Texas and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission pursuant to Section 311 of the Natural Gas Policy Act.
- Reviewed and analyzed filings submitted to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission under Section 205 and Section 206 of the Federal Power Act.
BA, The Ohio State University, 2006
Areas of Practice
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Energy M&A
- Energy Regulation
- FERC, NERC and State Energy Regulation
- Oil, Gas and LNG
- Power and Utilities Capital Markets