The Declassified blog offers commentary and insights on the latest class action suits, significant class action opinions, relevant changes to laws and rules, and important class action trends. Declassified covers topics ranging from significant Supreme Court and appellate court decisions regarding class certification requirements to proposed or enacted legislation, rules and regulations that impact class action litigation to key industry developments that may indirectly impact class action...
Anne Knox Averitt has extensive experience in labor and employment matters and commercial litigation. She works in the Birmingham office and represents clients of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to family-owned businesses in a number of industries, including retail, automotive, natural resources, manufacturing, healthcare, non-profit, communications, construction, and financial services. She also handles cases before arbitrators, administrative law judges, and federal and state court judges.
Anne Knox represents school boards in all aspects of their operations, including employment issues, special education issues and due process hearings.
She enjoys collaborating with clients to achieve a favorable resolution at all stages of litigation, from dismissal on the initial pleadings to verdict.
- Alabama, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011
- Duke University, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Areas of Practice
- Food, Beverage and Hospitality
- Labor and Employment
- Summary judgment on Family and Medical Leave Act interference and retaliation claims on the basis that defendant corporation was not a covered employer under the FMLA (March 2015)
- Mandamus petition granted by Alabama Supreme Court directing dismissal of case asserting claims against state employees on sovereign immunity grounds (December 2014)
- Defense verdict on all tort and contract claims alleged against non-profit corporation after seven-day jury trial (October 2014)
- Dismissal of discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation claims against natural resources corporation (July 2014)
- Summary judgment on race discrimination, retaliation, and workers compensation wrongful discharge claims against health care facility (September 2014)
- Dismissal of insurance coverage declaratory action in federal court on behalf of construction client in light of pending related state court case (March 2014)
- Dismissal of breach of contract action against automotive manufacturer based on improper venue in light of forum selection clause (January 2014)
- Defeated motion for class certification of a class of former, current, and future employees alleging race discrimination in pay, promotion, and job training at single manufacturing facility (September 2013)
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.