Michael advises and litigates on behalf of policyholders in seeking insurance coverage under commercial insurance policies. He has worked on multiple high-profile insurance cases and is experienced in analyzing and litigating coverage disputes under a wide range of insurance policies, including commercial general liability (CGL), directors and officers liability (D&O), errors and omissions liability (E&O), and other professional liability policies, such as healthcare professionals liability and architects and engineers liability policies.
Michael also has experience with assisting brokers and agents with regulatory and transactional insurance matters, such as with responding to regulators, obtaining individual and entity licensing, and facilitating the development of insurance products.
Michael has been featured in multiple national publications regarding cutting-edge issues impacting insurance coverage, including on the topic of business interruption coverage for COVID-19. He is a contributor to the Hunton Insurance Recovery Blog and has previously served as co-editor of a directors and officers liability annual publication.
Michael serves on the board of the Golden Gate Chapter CPCU Society and is actively pursuing his Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation. He also has been selected as the incoming co-chair of the Federal Courts Committee for the Litigation Section of the California Lawyers Association.
Prior to entering private practice, Michael served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of California. During law school, Michael served as a judicial extern in the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
BA, New York University, 2011
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Tips for Filing Successful Wildfire Claims, Risk Management Magazine
- Ninth Circuit Narrowly Construes IP Exclusion Reaffirming Rules of Insurance Policy Construction, ICLC
- Direct Evidence Of Loss Or Damage May Be Unnecessary To Obtain Coverage For Losses Due To COVID-19, Mealey’s Litigation Report: Insurance
- Setting the Correct Prism for Construing Policy Language in COVID-19 Business Interruption Cases Can Be Outcome Determinative, National Law Review
- D&O Liability Coverage for COVID-19 Issues, Mealey’s Emerging Insurance Disputes
- Are There Risks with Blockchain Technology?” Claims Magazine
- The Key Coverage Issues Regarding Business Interruption from COVID-19, Mealey’s Litigation Report: Insurance
- D&O Claims Grow Amidst the Coronavirus, Claims Magazine
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.