- Acted for Growthpoint Properties Australia Limited in their acquisition, sale and development of the following commercial offices of Fox Sports, NSW Police Headquarters, Southbank Queensland office premises, Commonwealth of Australia (Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations), GE/David Jones offices, takeover of various trust including Rabinov and GPT and various industrial premises such as Linfox warehouses and Frasers development sites.
- Acted for Lendlease on its sell down and development of Y3 at Docklands to Invesco and Challenger which will be ANZ second headquarters at Docklands.
- Acted for Lendlease over a 10 year period on the Victoria Harbour development at Docklands valued at $1.8 billion (including the NAB Head Office, Aurecon Head Office, Myer Head Office, ANZ Head Office, Marina arrangements, Dock 5 Apartments, Mosaic Apartments, Montage Apartments, Lend Lease Melbourne Head Office, the Merchant affordable housing project, C4 mixed use development, Serrata, Convesso, Concavo, 888 Collins Street, 889 Collins Street and EXO residential developments, Lifestyle office Development and the Library and Boating Hub).
- Acted for Lendlease on the Melbourne Quarter development with Places Victoria valued at $1.6 billion once developed including the joint venture with a third party for the first residential stage and the sell down to Lendlease APPF of the first commercial stage.
- Acted for Lendlease Communities residential/greenfield developments at Craigieburn, Caroline Springs, Laurimar Estate, Werribee, Atherstone and Aurora (Epping North).
- Acted for CIMB-TrustCapital Advisors in the sale of two office assets known as 50 Marcus Clarke Canberra and 50 Ann Street Brisbane.
- Acted for Retirement Alliance’s sale of its retirement village portfolio to Lend Lease Primelife and other retirement village and aged care work including on initial public offerings.
- Acted for Oliver Hume in their acquisition and development of residential apartments i.e. Ilixir, The Principal and Parkville.
- Acted for Supagas group on its sale together with its associated properties throughout Australia to Japan’s biggest industrial gas maker, Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp.
- Acting for the successful consortium Capella Capital on the Bendigo Hospital PPP from a due diligence to transaction documentation perspective.
- Advised CVC Property Fund on the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of various industrial, bulky goods, retail and commercial premises including some Masters sites.
- Acted on Fairfax’s new head office development at Docklands from the perspective of the financiers as well as the Dandenong redevelopment with Grocon.
Areas of Practice
- Real estate
- Property development
- Real estate transactions
- Retirement living
- 10 emerging trends for the real estate industry
In 2022 so far, the real estate market has continued to prove its resilience in the face of economic and geo-political uncertainty, highlighting tremendous collaboration and innovation across the industry.
- MinterEllison advises Frasers Property Australia, Irongate Group Joint Venture on Bradmill site acquisition
The transaction is one of the largest land deals in inner Melbourne this year, reflecting the strength of the residential market.
- MinterEllison appointed as key adviser to Moonee Valley Racecourse Redevelopment
MinterEllison advises Moonee Valley Racing Club (MVRC) on the Club’s $2bn flagship redevelopment project at Moonee Valley Racecourse.
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project
MinterEllison acted as legal advisors for the Cross Yarra Partnership, a consortium of Lendlease, John Holland, Bouygues Construction and Capella Capital, on the $6 billion Tunnel and Stations Public Private Partnership (PPP) which achieved Financial Close in December 2017, as part of the Victorian government’s wider Melbourne Metro project.
- Navigating the Real Estate Industry Horizons: Revitalising our cities and building resilience
As the Real Estate industry moves into the next phase, it is coming to grips with an ever changing landscape as people, spaces, and purpose align to redefine how we think about our cities and how we reimagine them.
- Frasers acquires Stockland's The Grove Estate in Tarneit
MinterEllison advised Frasers Property Australia (Frasers) on their $202.5 million acquisition of Stockland's The Grove Estate in Tarneit. The acquisition – one of the biggest residential land deals of the year in Victoria – will create additional housing in Melbourne's west to meet the needs of the state's growing population.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.