The Declassified blog offers commentary and insights on the latest class action suits, significant class action opinions, relevant changes to laws and rules, and important class action trends. Declassified covers topics ranging from significant Supreme Court and appellate court decisions regarding class certification requirements to proposed or enacted legislation, rules and regulations that impact class action litigation to key industry developments that may indirectly impact class action...
Jake Gipson handles matters involving patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, and unfair competition. His practice includes assisting clients in obtaining, managing, protecting, and defending various intellectual property rights, with an emphasis on patent and trademark litigation. He represents clients in various federal and state courts across the country. As a registered patent attorney, Jake also routinely assists clients with procuring patent rights, as well as trademark rights. Jake has a degree in industrial and systems engineering and has worked as a website application and database developer, both of which help him understand his clients’ technologies and the importance of obtaining meaningful protection.
Before joining the firm, Jake clerked for the Hon. William H. Pryor Jr. on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law (summa cum laude), where he was web editor for the Alabama Law Review and a member of the Campbell Moot Court Board. He was inducted into the Order of the Coif, and received the Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award and the Hugo L. Black Scholar Award.
- Alabama, 2014
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2014, summa cum laude; graduated first in class; Web Editor, Alabama Law Review; Campbell Moot Court Board; Order of the Coif
- University of Florida, B.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, 2010, summa cum laude; Florida Blue Key
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.