Currently, he is a member of the Tax Department of Consortium Legal - Nicaragua, in which he has had the opportunity to participate in the advisory team of various transactions and processes, especially related to direct and indirect transfer of shares, administrative and judicial processes derived from tax audits, municipal taxes, special free zone regimes and mediations with tax authorities.
Likewise, he has taught civil procedural law at the Institute for Advanced Judicial Studies and the Ibero-American Institute of Study and Research. His constant participation in international congresses in Costa Rica, Cuba and Nicaragua stands out, participating as international speaker during the XVII International Conference on Contract Law and the II International Conference on Family Litigation Law.
- Advanced Course in Law: Legal Aspects of Smart Contracts, Universidad de Salamanca.
- Master's Degree in Corporate Business Law with "Cum Laude" recognition, Universidad Americana (UAM), Nicaragua (2020).
- Law Degree with "Cum Laude" recognition, Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Nicaragua (2018).
- Course of accreditation as mediator and conciliator, Dirección Alterna de - Resolución de Conflictos, Nicaragua (2017).
Areas of Practice
- Tax Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Legal advice in different tax proceedings, including administrative proceedings related to Income Tax (IR) and Value Added Tax (VAT) adjustments up to the amount of U$3,000,000.00.
- Member of the team of tax advisors in a process of revision of the restructuring of the business model of a company, with the purpose of reducing operating expenses, increasing profits, and reducing tax contingencies.
- Legal advice in shares transfer transactions, restructuring of corporate groups and mergers.
- Advice on various tax due diligence for the acquisition of companies.
- The importance of tax closings before the general revenue department in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2023/07/12/the-importance-of-tax-closings-before-the-general-revenue-department-in-nicaragua/.
- Joint and several liability of the legal representative in tax matters in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2023/06/07/joint-and-several-liability-of-the-legal-representative-in-tax-matters-in-nicaragua/.
- General aspects of costs and deductible expenses in the Nicaraguan´s legislation: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2023/03/07/general-aspects-of-costs-and-deductible-expenses-in-the-nicaraguan-legislation/.
- Update of stamp tax rates in Nicaragua (2023): https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2023/01/18/update-of-stamp-tax-rates-in-nicaragua-2023/.
- Fiscal Trends in Central America: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/11/30/fiscal-trends-in-central-america/.
- Update of data in the taxpayer registry of the general directorate of revenues in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/11/23/update-of-data-in-the-taxpayer-registry-of-the-general-directorate-of-revenues-in-nicaragua/.
- Notice: Electronic tax Window (ETW) blocking of inactive taxpayers: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/11/08/notice-electronic-tax-window-etw-blocking-of-inactive-taxpayers/.
- How is the computation of deadlines carried out in the customs administrative procedure in Nicaragua?: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/09/05/how-is-the-computation-of-deadlines-carried-out-in-the-customs-administrative-procedure-in-nicaragua/.
- Transactions between related companies and transfer pricing regulation in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/07/05/transactions-between-related-companies-and-transfer-pricing-regulation-in-nicaragua/.
- Transfers of shares of corporations in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/05/03/transfers-of-shares-of-corporations-in-nicaragua/.
- Administrative silence in tax proceedings in Nicaragua: https://consortiumlegal.com/en/2022/04/05/administrative-silence-in-tax-proceedings-in-nicaragua/.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.