Mark Adams advises companies and individuals on various business transactions. He guides clients through business formations and governance, commercial contracts, 1031 transactions, and business acquisitions and dispositions.
Before joining Schwabe, Mark worked in a boutique law firm focused on business transactions and real estate, and prior to that, as an attorney for an exchange group, advising clients on all aspects of 1031 exchanges. He has consulted on over 1,000 tax-deferred exchanges.
With his diverse professional background, including positions in tax departments of Fortune 500 companies, public accounting, and as a small business owner, Mark understands the many different issues his clients encounter and enjoys working with them to seek successful outcomes.
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Arts degree (1995)
- The Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor degree (1998)
Areas of Practice
- Acquisition and Disposition
- Business and Corporate
- Real Estate
- Advised a client on a complex partnership issue with regard to the completion of $40 million reverse-improvement 1031 exchange.
- Represent clients in negotiation and drafting of purchase/sale agreements.
- Negotiated lease terms for a commercial client with multiple locations.
- Counseled clients on lease renewal options for a restaurant location.
- Represented a business owner in the sale of his company.
- Represented members of LLCs in buyouts of other members.
- Negotiated a commercial service contract for a company with multiple restaurants.
- Counseled a business through the asset sale alongside a restructuring.
- New Federal Acquisition Regulation: Effective Communication Between Government and Industry
- SBA Issues Final Rule on 2022 NAICS Code Update
- SBA Decides to Not Impose a Community Benefit Requirement On Native-Owned Entities
- Horenstein Law Group Joins Schwabe
- What Will the Local Real Estate Industry Look Like After the Pandemic?
- Manufacturers Need a Plan for Their Future
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.