I have extensive experience advising domestic and foreign clients in the Built Environment sector, with a deep focus on the Construction & Engineering, Services, Infrastructure and Leisure & Gaming industries.
Clients value my commercial knowledge, ability to perform in high-pressure situations, and my ability to lead and manage complex deals.
My clients have included Consolidated Press Holdings, Crown Resorts, Amplifon Greenlit Brands, CIMIC, John Holland, Samsung C&T, Ferrovial, TSA Management, Airlie Funds Management, oOhmedia!, Grays eCommerce and GrainCorp.
- Advising the world's largest hearing aid retailer, Italian stock exchange listed Amplifon S.p.A, in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$550 million acquisition of Australian hearing aid retailer Bay Audio Pty
- the A$55 million acquisition of premium hearing and audiology services business Attune Hearing
- the acquisition of the audiology technology solutions business Otohub
- Advising then ASX-listed CIMIC in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$174 million hostile takeover of the ASX-listed mining construction contractor Macmahon Holdings and CIMIC's subsequent divestment of its 23% stake in ASX-listed Macmahon Holdings by way of block trade
- the acquisition of the Energy Upgrades & Maintenance business of ASX-listed RCR Tomlinson
- Advising multi-brand Australian retailer Greenlit Brands in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$361 million takeover of ASX-listed Fantastic Holdings Limited;
- the A$110 million strategic divestment of specialist Australian sofa retailer, Plush Think-Sofas, to ASX-listed Nick Scali Limited
- the divestment of Greenlit Brands' General Merchandise division, comprising iconic brands Best&Less, Harris Scarfe, Debenhams and Postie, to funds advised by private equity manager Allegro Funds
- the divestment of Fantastic Furniture's Chinese manufacturing operations
- various matters relating to financial irregularities identified with respect to its Frankfurt Stock Exchange listed parent Steinhoff International, including the AU$300 million refinance by its existing syndicate of six local and international banks
- Advising engineering services and consulting business, TSA Management, and its shareholders in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- UK private equity firm Livingbridge's investment in TSA and subsequent exit
- the AU$200 million sale of TSA Management to Quadrant Private Equity
- various acquisitions in Australia and New Zealand, including the A$48 million strategic acquisition of the Capital Projects Advisory business of ASX-listed Worley Limited, the acquisition of projects advisory business Calcutta Group, the acquisition of New Zealand project management business Xigo, the acquisition of Canberra- based Xact Projects and the acquisition of South Australian headquartered project management business ProManage
- Advising then UK-listed Ideagen plc on its A$105 million acquisition of RegTech software business CompliSpace
- Advising the founders of multi-brand hair and beauty ecommerce retailer Oz Hair & Beauty on the strategic investment in Oz Hair & Beauty by a consortium of financial sponsors and strategic investors including BBRC and Edison Partners
- Advising Grays eCommerce Group Limited as the target in connection with ASX-listed Eclipx Group's A$178 million takeover by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising ASX-listed oOhmedia! in connection with its A$570 million acquisition of the Adshel street furniture business from ASX-listed HT&E Limited
- Advising the receivers and managers of Ten Network Holdings Limited, PPB Advisory, on its sale to US-television network CBS
- Advising the administrators of multi-utility infrastructure provider Flow Systems, PwC, on its sale to funds managed by Brookfield
- Advising the founders and shareholders of Data Science, Machine Learning and AI specialist firm, Intellify, in connection with the acquisition of Intellify by global professional services firm Deloitte
- Advising on the buy-out by management of the White Runway fashion ecommerce business from the ASX-listed PAS Group Limited
- Advising the shareholders of Airlie Funds Management on their all-scrip sale to ASX-listed Magellan Financial Group
- Advising boutique Australian premium spirits company Artisan Spirit Merchants on the sale of its portfolio of brands to Asahi
- Advising employment services group AngusKnight Institute on its acquisition of Victorian Fitness Academy
- Advising the shareholders of property valuation firm MVS National on its merger of ASX-listed LandMark White Limited
- Advising ASX-listed GrainCorp on its A$140 million North American 'greenfield' joint venture with Zen-Noh
Areas of Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private equity
- Development in shareholder intention statements with extension to restrict disposal of shares
The current scheme for Pepper Group Limited appears to have advanced market practice for shareholder intention statements by including in an intention statement restrictions on disposal of target shares by the shareholders who made the statement.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.