Sean McWeeney Jr. is an Associate in the firm’s Financial Services, Private Client, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
Sean’s practice is focused primarily on cyberlaw, data protection and privacy compliance, software and technology contracts, media, and e-commerce; extending also to non-contentious estate planning, energy, and family matters.
Recent engagements include:
- Providing advice to several companies and individuals in connection with local emergency Covid-19 laws.
- Preparing an opinion on the legality of electronic signatures and international data transfers.
- Preparing and revising media production contracts for a local company.
- Advising a foreign digital payment platform on local data protection and tax law.
- Preparing a memo on digital assets for a local financial institution.
- Revising a cloud contract and electronic services agreement for a local bank.
- Providing advice on environmental law for a multinational corporation.
- Advising a foreign e-commerce platform on local tax, employment and company laws.
- Assisting with an ongoing divorce matters involving substantial assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting in the drafting of a pre-nuptial agreement.
- Completion of regulatory surveys on a variety of topics including data protection, entertainment, privacy, employment, electronic commerce and marriage.
- Bar of England and Wales, 2018
- The Bahamas Bar, 2018
BA Anthropology – Concordia University, Canada
LLB (Hons) – University of Sussex, UK
Bar Professional Training Course – City, University of London, UK
Areas of Practice
Bahamas Bar Association
The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
International Association of Privacy Professionals
International Association of Young Lawyers
- Sean McWeeney Jr. |May 2020
- Sean McWeeney Jr. |March 2020
Data Protection Laws of The World – The Bahamas, March 2022, DLA Piper Data Protection Laws of the World
Data Protection & Privacy, The Bahamas, Law and Practice. Chambers Global Guide, March 2021
15 FAQs on the Digital Assets and Registered Exchanges (DARE) Act, 2020 GT News & Insights, Vol 3, Issue 1, January 2021
Information Privacy and COVID-19, March 2020
5 Data Privacy Tips for #DataPrivacyDay2020, January 2020
“Enforceability of Ante-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements in The Bahamas”. GT News & Insights Volume 1, Issue 6, October 2019
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.