Zach Wyatte focuses his practice primarily on commercial and construction litigation. He advises clients on commercial contract and business tort disputes, UCC disputes, commercial construction matters, breach-of-contract and breach-of-fiduciary duty disputes, product liability issues, land use disputes, and indemnity claims. He has extensive experience representing large corporations in complex litigation involving corporate, maritime, and international trade matters. He also has handled a wide range of matters related to automobile accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, and claims of wrongful death.
Zach earned his J.D. at the University of Texas School of Law, where he received the Dean’s Achievement Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution, served as an editor of the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law, actively participated in the Texas Law Pro Bono Program, and served as a member of the Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court.
Prior to law school, Zach served active duty in the United States Coast Guard as a marine inspector and a marine casualty investigator, attaining the rank of lieutenant. In addition, as a licensed merchant mariner, he garnered extensive experience serving aboard various types of commercial shipping vessels around the world in the deck officer capacity. While serving aboard offshore supply vessels, Zach conducted specialty operations such as seismic cable laying and remote operated vehicle (ROV) work while servicing oil rigs, drill ships, and mobile offshore drilling units.
Zach received his B.S. in Logistics and Intermodal Transportation from the United States Merchant Marine Academy in New York, and his M.A. in Homeland Security from American Military University.
- Texas, 2018
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2018, Dean’s Achievement Award; Member, The Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court; Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law; Board Member, Texas PALS; Thurgood Marshall Legal Society; Texas Law Pro Bono Program
- American Military University, M.A., Homeland Security, 2013
- United States Merchant Marine Academy, B.S., Logistics & Intermodal Transportation, 2006