COVID-19: Temporary Importation Measures on Medicines and other Human Health Products
In order to allow the importation of medicines and other products for human health
,during the State of Emergency, the National Directorate of Pharmacy and Drugs (DNFYD) of the Ministry of Health, has issued Resolution 280 of April 6, 2020 published in Official Gazette No. 29008 of April 22, 2020, which establishes the temporary procedures for the importation, the release of batches, and the personal use permits for medicines and other products for human healthduring the state of national emergency.
- For the import process, scanned (PDF)copies ofthe documents indicated below will be acceptedwithout legalization, provided they come from countries affected by CoVid-19:
- Certificate ofAbsenceof diethylene glycol or ethylene glycol
- Certificate of Analysis of thebiological productbatch
- Lot release certificate from the country of origin
- Certificate of negative result forHIV and Hepatitis
- Magnetic Resonance Certificate
- Certificate of Raw Material Analysis.
- ElectronicDocuments will be allowed, provided the link for their verification is included.
- For the process of releasing batches of biological products, the following documents should be sent to the email[email protected], for inventory verification:
- Note to the National Director of Pharmacy and Drugs
- Product Photo,showing thecomplete labeling (lot number, expiration date,health registryand manufacturername).
- Quantity of product in the warehouse to be released
- Storage conditions
- Photo of the lot to be released.
Theaforementioned documentationis the responsibility of the pharmaceutical manager and / or the representative of theestablishment andwill be subject toreviewbythe DNFYD.
- Import Permits for personal use, the following documents will be sentby emailin PDFformat,to [email protected]:
- Note of request and releasefrom liabilityto the DNFYD.
- Shipping guide
- Commercial invoice
- Copy of the personal identity document
- Prescription by a Panamanian physician
Theaforementioned resolutiontakes effect on April 23, 2020 and willremain ineffectfor the duration of the national state of emergency.