Refunds subject to set-off under the Tax Administration Act
In order to create a more uniform system for the administration of taxes in South Africa, section 191 of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (the “TAA”) has effectively replaced various refund and set-off provisions which appeared in respective tax acts. Section 191 of the TAA now provides that all tax debts that are due must be set-off against refunds, including the interest thereon, due by the South African Revenue Service (“SARS”) to that taxpayer.
tax corporate, indirect, disputes and share schemes director [email protected] cell: +27 82 567 9082
- Tax Reform Extends Credits for Renewable Energy Companies
- Tax Reform – Considerations for U.S. Multinationals
- Reflections About Neutrality: How The Government Taxes Productivity
- New Amendments to Serbian Tax Laws
- ENSafrica appoints new banking and finance director
- ENSafrica launches ENSafrica intelligENS
- ENSafrica newsflash
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.