BIR Guidelines on Credit/Debit/Prepaid Card Payment of Internal Revenue Taxes
Former Secretary of Finance Cesar Purisima issued Revenue Regulation ("RR") No. 3-2016 prescribing the policies and guidelines on the adoption of credit, debit, and prepaid cards as an additional mode of payment for internal revenue taxes. Credit, debit, and prepaid cards were made available as an additional mode of payment in order to ease the burden to taxpayers in the payment of their taxes.
(2) Over-the-counter cash payments,
(3) Bank debit system, or
(4) Check payment.
Carina C. Laforteza is a lawyer and a certified public accountant with extensive tax and corporate practice. Her tax work ranges from tax structuring (including how investments are to be made into the Philippines and estate tax planning) to tax compliance (including assisting clients in audits by the Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue) to tax litigation (including petitions questioning the legality of revenue issuances) and tax-related arbitration.
View full article →
- The Taxation Laws Amendment Bill, 2017: far-reaching changes to debt reduction rules
- Unutilised Capital Losses – Can SARS Impose Understatement Penalties?
- UAE VAT Executive Regulation Update: Free Zone Guidance
- Relocating from South Africa? Key steps to undertake in the emigration process
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.