South African merger filing fees and intermediate merger thresholds to increase from 1 October
The amendments in respect of the intermediate merger thresholds include:
There is no increase to the large merger thresholds, which are currently set at ZAR6.6-billion for the sum of the acquiring/purchaser group’s turnover or assets (whichever is higher), and the target/transferred firm’s turnover or assets (whichever is higher); and ZAR190-million for the target/transferred firm’s turnover or assets (whichever is higher).
For more information, please contact ENSafrica’s anti-trust/competition team.
- Gun jumping in merger cases – Important clarifications by the ECJ
- “Seismic Shifts in Digital Technology:” Supreme Court Creates Exception to Third-Party Doctrine for Cell-Site Location Information
- What The Supreme Court's Wayfair Ruling Means for Businesses
- Serbia Amends Company Law
- ENSafrica appoints new banking and finance director
- ENSafrica launches ENSafrica intelligENS
- ENSafrica newsflash
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.