Michigan Gets Recommendations for Medical Marijuana Rules, New Advisory Panel Members
Safety Compliance Facilities
The recommendations above are obviously the tip of the iceberg; the work groups covered far more than was reported. LARA will now use these recommendations as the State develops emergency rules.
Going forward, it is unclear if the work groups will continue. The work groups were instituted by LARA because the MMFLA required the Governor to appoint an Advisory Panel by March 20, 2017, and Gov. Rick Snyder did not do so. At the time, the Governor’s office explained that the Panel could not be appointed because it must include representatives of different types of MMFLA licensees, and no licenses would be issued until sometime in 2018. The position of the Governor’s office changed, however, as just last week, the Governor announced appointments for the other specified categories. Those appointments include:
In addition to the above appointees, the MMFLA provides that the Advisory Panel must include the Attorney General and the directors or designees of LARA, Michigan State Police, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
As for the representatives of the MMFLA’s license classes, Gov. Snyder stated that he will appoint those members once licenses have been issued. Whether LARA will look to work groups for industry input in the interim remains to be seen.
As always, check back with Dykema’s Cannabis Law Blog for further updates.
Link to article
- IRS Issues Proposed Regulations Regarding Individual Coverage HRAs
- Kentucky Proposed 340B Policy and Procedures Manual
- Changes to Definition of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities to Impact Hospitals
- Recent California Court of Appeal Decisions Highlight Importance of Process and Need for Signature of Authorized Individual to Secure Binding Arbitration Agreement
- J. Michael Bernard Elected as Chairman of the World Services Group
- Joanne L. Zimolzak Joins Dykema’s Washington, D.C., Office
- 26 Dykema Attorneys Named to Texas Super Lawyers List
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.