- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogAttacks Targeting Oil and Gas Sector Renew Questions About CybersecurityPosted on April 17, 2018 by Hunton & Williams LLPRecent press reports indicate that a cyber attack disabled the third-party platform used by oil and gas pipeline company Energy Transfer Partners to exchange documents with other customers. This incident and others raise questions about cybersecurity across the U.S. pipeline network. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogPost Added By Lance WilliamsPosted on April 17, 2018 by Julian L. Bibb IV
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 54 – Passio Technologies with Mitch SkyerPosted on April 9, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Mitch Skyer from Passio Technologies. Passio Technologies provides scalable transit technology solutions that enhance the passenger experience and enable operators to improve efficiency. Passio Technologies is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: Biologics BlogAmgen v. Adello: A Blind Biosimilar Infringement LawsuitPosted on April 9, 2018 by Last month, Amgen sued Adello Biologics, a US-based biosimilar maker, for patent infringement under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009 (BPCIA) in connection with Adello’s proposed biosimilar of Amgen’s Neupogen (filgrastim). Adello elected to bypass the pre-suit procedures of the BPCIA and did not provide any information to Amgen regarding its biosimilar [...]
- Blog: Labor & Employment Law BlogHigher Learning: Employees of Educational Institutions Likely Protected From Sexual Orientation Discrimination under Title IXPosted on April 9, 2018 by Natalie Brouwer PottsTitle IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any educational program or activity that receives federal funding. Many K-12 educational institutions and nearly all colleges and universities are subject to Title IX’s sex discrimination protections. Title IX and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 both protect employees against sex discrimination in the workplace, yet neither law expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of an employee’s sexual orientation. Since case law interpreting Title V...
- Blog: Real Estate Advisor Law BlogFix Your Lease Even if You Can’t Fix the WeatherPosted on April 3, 2018 by Scott KadishI attended the recent ICSC Regional Law Conference in Columbus, Ohio. It was a great conference where I reconnected with many great colleagues – including my son Kendall who is only in his second year practicing law, but recently took advantage of his Dad in a lease negotiation where he represented an escape room tenant… Continue Reading