- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogICO clarifies time limit for responding to subject access requestsPosted on August 20, 2019 by Charlotte TurkThe UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has amended its guidance on the time limit for responding to a subject access request (SAR). Under Article 12 GDPR, a data controller must respond to a SAR “without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.” This can be extended by a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogFederal credit union regulator provides guidance confirming that credit unions can loan to hemp businessesPosted on August 19, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogICO Launches Investigation into Facial Recognition in King’s Cross, LondonPosted on August 16, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn August 15, 2019, the UK Information Commissioner's Office announced that it had launched an investigation into the use of live facial recognition technology at the King's Cross development in London. Continue Reading
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportImportance of Careful Drafting of Intercreditor Agreements Highlighted by Recent Federal Appeals Court RulingPosted on August 13, 2019 by Jonathan E. AbermanOver the past several years, much has been written about how numerous bankruptcy courts have interpreted and enforced bankruptcy and insolvency-related provisions in intercreditor agreements, subordination agreements and other “agreements among lenders” when they may affect a debtor and its estate. Although the Bankruptcy Code itself provides little guidance, the emerging trend has been for...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsDOL Updates Model CHIP NoticePosted on August 9, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe DOL has updated the model notice that employers providing group health coverage may use to notify eligible employees about Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”) premium assistance programs available in their home states. Employers must provide this notice before the start of the plan year. The updated model CHIP notice is available here. The post DOL Updates Model CHIP Notice appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Appellate InsightPersuasive Writing & Footnote FollyPosted on August 9, 2019 by David CasarrubiasOne of the greatest difficulties in creating good legal writing, particularly effective appellate brief writing, is taking voluminous and complex information and distilling it down to a handful of simple points. It is also one of its greatest delights. There are plenty of tools in a writer’s toolbox to achieve the ultimate goal of succinctness, […]