- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogData Protection Commission confirms list of processing operations requiring a DPIAPosted on November 15, 2018 by Davinia BrennanFollowing the EDPB’s Opinion last month, the Irish Data Protection Commission (DPC) has published a non-exhaustive list of processing operations requiring a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) to be carried out. The list encompasses both national and cross-border data processing operations. It should be read in conjunction with Article 35 of the GDPR and the...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCIPL Publishes Legal Note on the ePrivacy Regulation and the EU Charter of Fundamental RightsPosted on November 14, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn November 12, 2018, the Centre for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP published a legal note on the ePrivacy Regulation and the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights. The note contributes to an important and recurring legal discussion on the proposed ePrivacy Regulation. Continue Reading
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Announces 2019 Qualified Retirement Plan LimitsPosted on November 8, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS recently announced cost-of-living adjustments for 2019. Below is a list of some of the key annual limits that will apply to qualified retirement plans in 2019: Compensation limit used in calculating a participant’s benefit accruals: increased to $280,000. Elective deferrals to 401(k) and 403(b) plans: increased to $19,000. Annual additions to a defined […] The post IRS Announces 2019 Qualified Retirement Plan Limits appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerNew York AG Gives No Stars To Fake Online ReviewsPosted on November 8, 2018 by Robert LaplacaOn November 2, 2018, the New York Attorney General came crashing down on a number of moving services that paid for at least 60 fake positive online reviews posted under the heading “CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS POSTED BY CUSTOMERS JUST LIKE YOU.” As a result, the only checking being done will be from the businesses’ bank account when they shell out over $65,000 in penalties and costs. Fake online reviews have always been the bane of legitimate shoppers. What’s the first [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 61 – Foresight Augmented Reality with Tara WilliamsPosted on November 5, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Tara Williams of Foresight Augmented Reality, who’s FAR beacon system is a multi-faceted system that incorporates location identification combined with magnetic heading and intent prediction to provide descriptive voice context to the world for the visually impaired and blind. Foresight Augmented Reality is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Blog: Biologics BlogBill Requiring Disclosure of Biosimilar Settlement Agreements to the FTC and DOJ Becomes LawPosted on October 28, 2018 by Earlier this month, the President signed into law the Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act (Public Law 115-263). The Act mainly focuses on eliminating so-called “gag clauses” that prevent pharmacists from telling patients when paying for a drug out of pocket is cheaper than paying through insurance. In addition, the Act amends the Medicare [...]