- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportOhio Issues Executive Order Requesting Relief for Small Business Tenants and Commercial Real Estate BorrowersPosted on April 3, 2020 by Robert B. Groholski, Edward S. Weil, Adam M. Fishkind, Jerrold M. Peven and Mark A. SilvermanOn April 1, 2020, Ohio’s Governor issued Executive Order 2020-08D, a copy of which is linked here. Issued pursuant to the Governor’s implied police powers to address the economic impact of COVID-19, the Executive Order requests that commercial landlords and their lenders (including their servicers) take certain steps to provide relief to small business commercial...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogUK Supreme Court finds employer not vicariously liable for data breachPosted on April 3, 2020 by Davinia BrennanIn a landmark case, the UK Supreme Court has ruled that supermarket chain Morrisons is not vicariously liable for a deliberate data breach committed by a former rogue employee. The decision shows that an employer is unlikely to be liable for a malicious data breach committed by an employee, where his/her wrongful conduct is not...Continue Reading…
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportNEW- SE Tech Video Podcast | CARES ACTPosted on April 2, 2020 by MMMTechLawNick Foreste, an attorney with the MMM Corporate Technology Law practice hosted this presentation with MMM colleague, Richard Boswinkle in our law firm’s SBA Loan Group. Nick and Richard discuss the CARES Act and the new LOAN PROGRAMS available to technology companies. Watch the video or check out the podcast episode.
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsEMPLOYEE BENEFIT/EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION CHANGES MADE BY THE CARES ACTPosted on April 1, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupOn March 27, 2020, Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the “CARES Act”). This historic $2 trillion relief package received bipartisan support and is part of the third wave of federal government support as the nation copes with the acute economic fallout from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Some of the key […] The post EMPLOYEE BENEFIT/EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION CHANGES MADE BY THE CARES ACT appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsReimbursement of medicinal products in times of pandemics and budgetary constraints: why quick fixes do not workPosted on April 1, 2020 by
- Blog: Appellate InsightFederal Anti-SLAPP Law Year in Review – 2019 RoundupPosted on March 31, 2020 by Josephine Mason PetrickBy Josephine Petrick & Breana Burgos 2019 was another active year for federal appellate anti-SLAPP opinions. Most notably, the circuit split deepened over whether state anti-SLAPP laws even apply in federal court. Despite an earlier trend of federal courts applying state anti-SLAPP laws under Erie, recent decisions may reflect a new trend toward limiting or […]