Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Blog
- Blog: Waller Law BlogMajor tax changes in draft reconciliation billPosted on September 15, 2021 by These provisions are subject to ongoing negotiations, and some are more likely to pass than others.
- Blog: Homeostasis: Dykema Health Care Law BlogImportant Enforcement Updates on No Surprises Act and Transparency RequirementsPosted on September 13, 2021 by Kathleen A. Reed, David R. PadalinoHealth plans and insurers will have a little more time to comply with some of the multitude of new requirements under the Consolidated Appropriations Act (“CAA”). On August 20, 2021, the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and the Treasury (the “Departments”) issued an FAQ updating plans and issuers on critical enforcement guidance for several CAA transparency measures. The Departments have acknowledged that plans and issuers are struggling to comply with the litany, and complexity, of transparency requirements the CAA imposes, going so far as to note that...
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsThe Belgian Chapter in the Merger Control Review- 12th EditionPosted on September 2, 2021 by Check whether your merger or acquisition needs prior clearance from competition authorities. Our experts Carmen Verdonck and Nina Methens give an overview of the Belgian merger control rules, the recent trends and developments in merger control and an outlook in “The Merger control Review”.Click here to read the full chapter. More information about the book is available here.
- Blog: Patent 213Another Gaming Patent Struck Down as IneligiblePosted on July 19, 2021 by Stephanie D. ScruggsBot M8 LLC, a patent assertion entity, was unsuccessful in its effort to have the Federal Circuit reverse the lower court’s invalidity finding related to one of six different patents asserted against Sony in Northern District of California. In fact, the Federal Circuit was so unpersuaded by Bot M8’s arguments that it devoted less than...
- Blog: Biologics BlogFederal Circuit Upholds Jury Award, Weighs in on Willfulness Standard, in Adynovate® DisputePosted on March 29, 2021 by According to the Federal Circuit, $173 million was the right damages award for almost three years of patent infringement resulting from Baxalta’s sale of its biologic product Adynovate® (Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant), PEGylated). In Bayer Healthcare LLC v. Baxalta Inc., et al., Nos. 2019-2418, 2020-1017 (Fed. Cir. 2021), the circuit court upheld an award to Bayer [...]
- Blog: Chemical Law & Prop 65 BlogMajor Changes Coming to Prop 65 “Short-Form” WarningsPosted on February 1, 2021 by By: Anne Marie Ellis, John Epperson, Peter McGaw