- Blog: Twitter Feeds[Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired - Thu Jan 27 2022Posted on January 26, 2022 by rss.appYour trial has expired. Please update your subscription plan at rss.app. - (xBbtbI75hXeLIroc)
- Blog: Hunton Insurance Recovery BlogLandmark Montana Supreme Court Decision Series: Pollution ExclusionPosted on January 26, 2022 by Lorelie S. Masters, Patrick M. McDermott and Rachel E. HudginsIn this post in the Blog’s Landmark Montana Supreme Court Decision Series, we discuss the court’s ruling on the pollution exclusion in National Indemnity Co. v. State, 499 P.3d 516 (Mont. 2021). Continue Reading
- Blog: It Pays to Be CoveredBeware of New Insurance Disclosure Requirements for Defendants in New York LitigationPosted on January 25, 2022 by Bradley, Katherine J. Henry and Andrea KotrositsOn December 31, 2021, New York imposed draconian new insurance disclosure requirements on defendants in New York state courts when Gov. Kathy Hochul signed the Comprehensive Insurance Disclosure Act (Senate Bill 7052) into law. The new law, amending Section (f) of New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (C.P.L.R.) § 3101 and adding New York C.P.L.R. §...
- Blog: Data Security Law BlogRansomware’s Exponential Growth Echoes the History of HijackingsPosted on November 9, 2021 by Maxwell K. Weiss, Peter A. Nelson, Michael F. BuchananThroughout the COVID-19 crisis, we have focused on the significant uptick in ransomware attacks. Government agencies such as OFAC, CISA, and New York’s DFS have updated their guidance on how to prepare for and respond to such attacks and provided tools to help stop ransomware attacks. Cybersecurity also continues to be a major focus of [...]
- Blog: Insurance Coverage Notes and DevelopmentsNew York Trial Court Enforces D&O Policy’s Insured Capacity Limitations and Exception of SEC Disgorgement Amounts from Covered LossPosted on February 17, 2021 by Jeffrey WardA trial court in New York has granted summary judgment for a group of D&O insurers seeking a declaration that policies issued to AR Capital, LLC (“AR Capital”) do not provide coverage for settlements and consent judgments in actions alleging false and misleading SEC filings by VEREIT, Inc. (“VEREIT”), which is a real estate investment... Continue Reading