- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogThe EDPB Publishes Updated Enforcement Figures for the First Anniversary of the GDPRPosted on May 24, 2019 by Hunton & Williams LLPOn May 22, 2019, the European Data Protection Board published a summary of enforcement actions taken by the European Economic Area Supervisory Authorities for the year following the GDPR’s entry into force. This blog entry provides an overview of the findings. Continue Reading
- Blog: Appellate InsightTips and Tricks for Editing Appellate Briefs (and a Shameless Plug)Posted on May 23, 2019 by Adam HofmannWhile oral argument gets all the public attention, appellate practitioners know that their cases are almost always won or lost on the briefs. As a result, in a profession that already places heavy emphasis on good writing, lawyers focusing on appeals are known for honing their written craft to a fine edge. Yet, while it […]
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogGerman data protection authorities issue fines in 75 cases for GDPR breachesPosted on May 22, 2019 by Steven CraigA recent survey of regional data protection authorities in Germany has revealed 75 cases of reported personal data breaches since the GDPR came into effect on 25 May 2018. As a result, German authorities have imposed punitive fines totalling €449,000. Germany differs from Ireland as the responsibility for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the GDPR...Continue Reading…
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 66 – Gotcha with Sean FloodPosted on May 17, 2019 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Sean Flood of Gotcha, the only mobility-as-a-service (MaaS) company offering three sustainable micro-transit products–100%-electric ride share, customized dockless bike share, and electric scooters–through a proprietary, app-based platform. Gotcha empowers communities to lead happier, more productive lives through alternative forms of transportation specifically designed for each market served. Gotcha currently operates 40+ systems […]
- Blog: Offshore Crypto TodayLaw firms collaborate on blockchain pilot programPosted on May 15, 2019 by Kerry AndersonAs the blockchain concept continues to push its way into the mainstream, professionals across various industries continue to grapple with the fundamental questions: “How will blockchain disrupt my business? How can blockchain technology be adopted into my business?: Six Canadian law firms have sought to answer these questions by collaborating on a blockchain pilot program […] The post Law firms collaborate on blockchain pilot program appeared first on Offshore Crypto Today.
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Opens Determination Letter Program to Merged Plans and Hybrid PlansPosted on May 9, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupIn Revenue Procedure 2019-20, the IRS extended the determination letter program, effective as of September 1, 2019, to include merged plans resulting from a corporate merger or similar transaction. For a merged plan to be eligible for a favorable determination letter, (i) the date of the plan merger must occur no later than the last […] The post IRS Opens Determination Letter Program to Merged Plans and Hybrid Plans appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.