- Blog: Waller Law BlogWhy QAPI could be a life-or-death decision for skilled nursing facilitiesPosted on August 15, 2018 by Jeffery D. Parrish
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogOhio Law Provides Safe Harbor from Tort Claims Related to Data BreachesPosted on August 14, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn August 3, 2018, Ohio Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Senate Bill 220, which provides covered entities with an affirmative defense to tort claims, based on Ohio law or brought in an Ohio court, that alleges or relates to the failure to implement reasonable information security controls which resulted in a data breach. Continue Reading
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportOnline Banking: Are Financial Institutions Subjecting Themselves to Other Jurisdictions Without Knowing?Posted on August 13, 2018 by Larissa Sanchez FieldsWe work with many regional financial institution clients on a daily basis, and they regularly send us out-of-state garnishments, liens, levies, and other legal processes with one question—“Do I have to answer this?” The first question we ask is whether the foreign state can exercise jurisdiction over the regional financial institution—in other words, whether the...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Biologics BlogFDA Approves First-Ever siRNA TherapyPosted on August 9, 2018 by Today FDA approved the first-ever “small interfering RNA” (siRNA) product, marking a significant milestone in the story of RNA interference (RNAi) technology and clearing the way for a new type of therapeutic. Alnylam® secured approval and Orphan Drug Designation for its siRNA product Onpattro (patisiran), a therapy for the rare hereditary disease transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adult [...]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsSixth Circuit Decision Highlights Importance of Distributing Accurate SPDsPosted on August 7, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupA recent case decided by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit provides yet another example of the importance of ensuring that plan documents and summary plan descriptions (“SPDs”) accurately and consistently describe plan benefits. In Pearce v. Chrysler Group LLC Pension Plan, the plan document provided that a participant who was not […] The post Sixth Circuit Decision Highlights Importance of Distributing Accurate SPDs appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerRecent Settlement Highlights Charity’s Duties in Commercial Co-VenturesPosted on August 1, 2018 by Robert LaplacaRecently, an Agreed Final Judgment was entered in Tennessee state court following an action by the Tennessee Attorney General (in conjunction with the AGs of 16 other states) against a TN charity concerning issues raised over a commercial co-venture program involving donations for teddy bears purchased to provide care packages to servicemembers. Facts: The charity, Operation Troup Aid, Inc. (OTA), engaged in a commercial co-venture with Harris Originals of NY, Inc. and related companies, collectively known as Harris Jewelry, which operates retail jewelry [...]