- Blog: Biologics BlogThe FDA Regulatory Landscape for Covid-19 Treatments and Vaccine (Updated)Posted on September 16, 2020 by September 17, 2020 Update: The Trump administration is currently considering accelerating the approval of an experimental Covid-19 vaccine being developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca. In line with FDA’s June 2020 guidance on the development and licensure of Covid-19 vaccines, it appears that the administration is considering granting Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the vaccine. [...]
- Blog: Taking Care of HR BusinessAction Item & FAQ: New Maine Paid Leave Rules Address Business ConcernsPosted on September 14, 2020 by Tawny L. AlvarezOn January 1, 2021, LD 369, An Act Authorizing Earned Employee Leave takes effect for Maine employers. Passed by the Legislature in 2019, Maine employers have been patiently waiting for clarification as to the responsibilities accompanying 26 MRSA § 637. The statute itself provides that “An employer that employs more than 10 employees in the [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Justin Bellante, Co-Founder, President and CEO of BioIQPosted on September 11, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Jim Barnish, Founding Partner of BioIQ. BioIQ is modernizing the diagnostic testing industry through a national network of labs and customized solutions that support payors, employers, and consumers. By aggregating testing solutions, optimizing lab capacity, and integrating testing with customers’ needs and strategies, BioIQ ensure resilience and reliability so […]
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsOnline payment authentication requirements further strengthened from 22 September 2020Posted on September 11, 2020 by As part of the second European Payment Services Directive (i.e. Directive (EU) 2015/2366 of 25 November 2015 on payment services in the internal market) (PSD2), which entered into force in 2019 and replaced the Payment Services Directive (PSD), new rules have been developed to provide additional protection for customers when making electronic payments. One of the key new elements introduced by PSD2 is ‘strong customer authentication’, which should further increase consumer confidence in marketplaces and webshops.
- Blog: Appellate InsightLAW OF THE CASE: Application in California CourtsPosted on August 25, 2020 by David CasarrubiasThere are a handful of legal doctrines that can be difficult to comprehend, but the law of the case doctrine shouldn’t be one of them. Yet, time and again, the doctrine seems to perplex litigants, especially when deciding whether it is binding or discretionary, and whether it has any application to a trial court’s own […]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationKirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank: Case UpdatePosted on July 22, 2020 by Jennifer Fiorica Delgado and David ErrollIn a previous post, we discussed Kirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, an action in which the trustee of bankrupt Millennium Labs brought state law securities fraud claims on behalf of a group of “approximately 400 mutual funds, pension funds, universities, [CLO]s and other institutional investors,” against banks that organized a $1.765 billion syndicated loan. The... Continue Reading