- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCIPL Issues Discussion Paper on Organizational Accountability in Light of FTC Consent OrdersPosted on November 18, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn November 13, 2019, the Centre for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton Andrews Kurth issued a discussion paper on “Organizational Accountability in Light of FTC Consent Orders.” Continue Reading
- Blog: BuildSmartSBA Proposes Merging 8(a) and All Small Mentor-Protégé ProgramsPosted on November 15, 2019 by Aron C. BeezleyThe Small Business Administration (SBA) recently issued a proposed rule “to merge the 8(a) Business Development (BD) Mentor-Protégé Program and the All Small Mentor-Protégé Program to eliminate confusion and remove unnecessary duplication of functions within SBA.” What are the purposes of the programs? The mentor-protégé program currently available to companies participating in the 8(a) BD...Continue Reading
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationGovernment Preparing to Rest Its Case in $2 Billion Mozambican Loan Fraud TrialPosted on November 12, 2019 by Alexandra DrozProsecutors are nearing the end of their case after over three weeks of trial for Privinvest Group executive Jean Boustani, who is accused of conspiring to defraud investors in loans made by Credit Suisse and Russian bank VTB to Mozambican state-backed special-purpose vehicles (SPVs). The government alleges that Boustani structured the deals so that the...… Continue Reading The post Government Preparing to Rest Its Case in $2 Billion Mozambican Loan Fraud Trial appeared first on Capital Markets Litigation.
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsReminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock TransfersPosted on November 8, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThis is a reminder for sponsors of equity incentive plans and tax-qualified “employee stock purchase plans” (“ESPPs”) of their year-end information reporting requirements under Section 6039 of the Internal Revenue Code with respect to stock issued to employees or former employees upon the exercise of “incentive stock options” (“ISO”) or transferred under an ESPP. The […] The post Reminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock Transfers appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogData Protection Commission publishes guidance on DSARsPosted on November 8, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe Data Protection Commission (DPC) has published guidance which seeks to answer some of the most frequently asked questions in relation to Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs). Some of the key issues addressed in the guidance are set out below: Format of Request – The GDPR does not prescribe any particular method for making a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogISS vs. SEC – Rumble in the proxy advisor junglePosted on November 6, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso,Mike Brett